What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse the traffic and knows when you visit a particular website. Cookies allows web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web applications can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; and session cookies, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies does not give us access to your computer or any other data of yours, other than the information which is shared by you to us. Furthermore, you may choose to accept or decline the cookies, but it must be noted that some web browsers automatically accept cookies. You may log-in to your web browser settings and amend the settings to decline cookies if you prefer to.
Cookies Used by this website?
We use both persistent and session cookies on our website.
The different types of cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out as below:
- Traffic Monitoring – Cookies which allows us to identify what areas of the website are being visited.
- User Identification and Preferences – Cookies which allows us to individualise the site based on the user.
- Testing Cookies – To improve our services, we will run tests that require cookies to direct users to new features and track results.
- Temporary Storage – As we use many servers, we may store temporary data in cookies such as products added to Compare and to Cart and not checked out.
- Persistent Storage – Settings and identifiers which allow you to revisit the websites and have the website recognise you.
- Third Party Cookies – Lion Heart Consultancy Services Ltd. uses services from other companies to help provide our services; some of which require setting of cookies to function
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
- User Personalisation Cookies
- Analytics Cookies
- Third Party service Cookies
- Advertising Cookies
- Website Management Cookies
Are there cookies in e-mails?
Our e-mails contain cookies that track whether you open our e-mails and whether you click any links within them. The cookies used in our e-mails to monitor these behaviours are unique to each e-mail and are not stored on your computer.